Friday, April 10, 2009

Wind, Sand and Jigsaw Puzzles.

Two feet in front of me and spread out all over the carpet are the contents of a 2 thousand piece jigsaw puzzle, approximately 46% complete, with all of the edge pieces intact and little piles of like-pieces in the center. When its done, its supposed to be a blown up picture of Times Square, with all of its random, glowing advertisements. Probably the most difficult puzzle that Wally-World has to offer. To my left, is the open sliding glass door to the balcony complete with the drapes blowing in the breeze, overlooking a wildly colorful view of Ocean Creek from the 3rd floor of the South Tower. Palm trees, swimming pools, sounds of screaming children running around in Spongebob swim trunks with their pails and shovels clattering on the pool deck, all echoing between surrounding hotels and funneling into the room. This scene coupled with my frustration with this puzzle and you have the ultimate recipe for a headache and overstimulation.

On a completely random and probably only personally significant note, I am losing my appreciation for the aesthetics of 4:00 on a sunny afternoon. It may seem beautiful and warm to some, and I guess it does for me too, but only on the outside. Still, it gives me this shallow apathetic feeling. This time of day just lacks all of the vibrancy and depth of 11 or 12 o'clock. The sunlight doesn't seem to shine through leaves or twinkle on water the way it does midmorning. Anything white starts to look yellow, and colors look withered and impure. It really is like the day itself is just dying.... Wow. I have a strange mind. How's that for a first blog?

11:30 PM
Wow... so much for the jigsaw puzzle. My sister just raked all of it into a heap in the living room floor. Ouch. There goes an entire week's worth of tedious hunting and sorting pieces. Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Lol I like it. The whole stream-of-consciousness way you write really reflects the way you are in real life lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA. I have a very popcorn-like thought process.

    ReplyDelete