Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How I Met My Boyfriend

Since nothing particularly interesting happened today, I'll just resort to talking about how I met my fabulous boyfriend. 

Last year, I attended a summer session for NCSA's Visual Arts program in Winston Salem. As I was standing in line to sign up for student activities, I saw that the woman behind me had on a really pretty blouse, so I said, "Hey, I like your blouse." Then a guy about my age peered out from behind her, looking really awkward with his arms crossed, giving me "elevator eyes". The woman said, "Thanks, I like your hair!" And my mom jumps out of the blue and says "She cuts it herself!"
Then the kid behind his mom uncrosses his arms really fast, opens his mouth to speak but nothing comes out. So he just folds his arms back the way they were and stares at the ceiling. I asked him what his name was, and he introduced himself as JP. He seemed ridiculously shy. (Which is ironic because he's one of the most extroverted people I know.)
That night I sat with my roommate in the dining hall. JP walks over to our table and asks me if he could sit there, because I was the only one he'd talked to so far. So I said "Yeah kid, take a seat." We made some small talk, I don't remember what about specifically, but a few seemingly small things I remember very well. At the time, he came across as a dork, and I wouldn't have pictured dating him. I thought he was attractive, had interesting features but he was just so nervous and shy. I could see his heart beat in his drink!
Suddenly something I said made him laugh and his face lit up and a grin pulled across his face revealing adorable dimples and his laugh was absolutely infectious. 
He asked me what school I went to. I told him, and he asked if I knew a guy named Jim Munger. I said well yeah, he's like my best friend at that place. He said no way, I don't believe it - that's MY best friend! We were freaking out like squealing girls standing up with our fists hitting the table in excitement. At that point I think we freaked out my roommate because she quietly slipped out to another table. But of course we didn't care, cause we already had so much to talk about. 
"So your the 'emo piece of shit' Jim mentioned who wears that My Chemical Romance jacket all the time?" 
He looked kind of embarrassed and I think he said something like "Yeah it was a phase."
We just hit it off right away, and couldn't get enough of each other. We talked constantly about anything, and every time I went to breakfast, lunch or dinner I found him there waiting for me. Something I could, and would, definitely get used to. We quickly grew infatuated with each other and spent almost every free moment walking around together finding that there were an endless amount of things to talk about. It was easy falling in love with him.

I'll add more later.


2 comments:

  1. LMAO Gods damn I totally had forgotten about the MCR jacket. Funny shit.

    Also, I should totally get credit for hooking you guys up :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe.... we hooked ourselves up. Don't worry.

    ReplyDelete